Financial Coaching Online
There are over 2,300 verses in the Bible about finances. Since it is so important to God, shouldn’t it be important to us as well? FOCUS would like to provide tools and resources to help clients address their finances, especially since financial abuse is so prevalent in abusive marriages.
Some questions to consider:
- Do you know where the family bank accounts are?
- Do you have access to the family checkbook?
- Do you know where the retirement accounts and/ or investment accounts are?
- Do you have the information on the car, health and life insurance policies?
- Do you have the login and passwords for all the online accounts, bank accounts, investment accounts and credit cards?
- If your monthly expenses are paid online, do you have the passwords to get in the accounts?
- Do you have access to the annual income tax filings?
- Do you know your husband’s social security number?
- Have you run your credit report?
- Do you have money you can call your own that you can spend at your discretion?
This is necessary information to have in case of accidents, incapacity, death, separation or divorce.
To get started, if you would like to download an allocated spending plan from Ramsey Solutions to help with budgeting, click here.
Financial Coaching is available from FOCUS Ministries, Inc. at a reduced fee of $25.00 for three sessions.
To receive more information about this service, contact Karen Ferguson at [email protected]. She has completed the Ramsey Financial Coach Master Training.
Financial Coaches work with clients to build money management skills. This can include getting out of debt, building savings and understanding how to manage and balance expenses by setting up a spending plan. A financial coach will work with clients in depth to figure out which expenses are working, which aren’t and why. They can also help with money mindset blocks in order to change spending habits.
Financial Coaches do not give investment advice, perform tax preparation, give tax advice or financial legal advice.
Financial Coaches help you take control of your money so it does not control you. If you are living paycheck to paycheck, in a lot of debt, or have some emotional blocks around money, you are really looking for some extra accountability and that is the job of a Financial Coach.
Financial Coaching: 3 sessions for $25