FOCUS Ministries Needs You
Some women are hiding battered bodies behind the beauty. Others are dying to speak, but allowed no voice. Some have been crushed by criticism and controlled by coercion and threats. And for some, the love of their lives has nearly taken their life away.
Statistics are startling: on average, a woman in the United States is battered by a partner every 12 to 15 seconds. Up to 6 million women are believed to be beaten in their homes each year. And at least 30 percent of all murders of women in America are committed by intimate partners.
Begun in 1995, FOCUS Ministries is dedicated to helping women and families through challenging circumstances, particularly those of dysfunctional relationships and domestic violence. FOCUS has given counsel, support, prayer, and tangible assistance to thousands internationally. It’s a powerful ministry that brings hope and healing.
Unfortunately, many women are reluctant to reveal the magnitude of their pain. Some are worried for their safety. Others fear rejection and blame. Perhaps they have reached out for help and been hurt again. In some cases, even their church has failed them.
To that end, FOCUS Ministries also offers training for churches and support group leaders or those considering starting a group. With annual workshops, conferences, books and manuals, and a leaders’ network, FOCUS is dedicated to equipping those passionate about helping these women find healing.
FOCUS is committed to this crucial, expansive ministry but the needs are greater than the resources. That’s why we need you to join us.
How can I help?
- Become a prayer warrior to intercede for women in crisis and for the needs of FOCUS Ministries. You will receive a regular update of prayer requests from women worldwide who need to know someone is praying for them, and a list of specific needs relating to the operation of FOCUS Ministries.
- Partner with us financially. We are supported by individual and church donations solely depending on the Lord’s provision to carry our work forward. Funding is needed to help us meet the physical needs of families, to continue free counseling and support groups, and to provide Homes of Refuge. As a 501(c)(3) organization, your gifts are tax-deductible.
- Start a FOCUS Support Group in your area. Our Train the Trainer seminar will help you with the tools you need and a leader’s manual is available for purchase. Leaders are able to connect with FOCUS representatives to assist them in this process.
- Help educate your church or women’s group by inviting the FOCUS team to give a seminar or workshop on domestic violence—what it is and how the church, friends, and family can help.
- Represent FOCUS Ministries in your area. Partner with us in distributing information about the newsletter, support groups, and seminars. Help us with creative fundraising through garage sales, walkathons, etc.
- Become a FOCUS volunteer. We always have needs for help with office projects, special events, and more.
- Support our Homes of Refuge. Big needs require big dreams and FOCUS Ministries has some. Perhaps you can become an integral part to providing a safe place to a family who desperately needs one.
- Contribute by clicking. Check out simple ways that you can to earn donations to FOCUS Ministries in conjunction with your regular Internet activity. Every click counts!
Thank you for helping us to create safe places and restore hope
in the lives of women and families everywhere.