In Partnership with Pittsburgh Pastoral Institute
March 9-10, 2018
Support Group Leaders Training Weekend
14 CEUs for Licensed Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists
This training is church leaders, lay people, and professionals.
As a lay person or professional, are you interested in starting a support group for women who experience domestic violence and abusive relationships?
FOCUS Ministries offers a certificate program for support group leaders in our Partners in the Journey Seminars. The training includes an extensive training manual that covers all the aspects of starting a support group, the dynamics of support groups, domestic violence training, how to help a victim, and information on how to provide spiritual direction for victims of abuse.
Our training goes beyond the seminars. Our FOCUS support group leaders become part of a Christian community of leaders worldwide and a member of an established organization that has proven itself since 1995.
FOCUS Ministries is dedicated to serving our leaders by:
- Offering confidential one-on-one leader consultation regarding areas of concern and problematic issues.
- Providing encouragement, support, and spiritual direction.
- Providing prayer support.
- Providing advertisement of support groups on our website.
- Starting a faith based DV support group: structure, format, advertising
- Dynamics of support groups: team approach
- Curriculum and resources
- Identifying and handling issues within the support group
- Providing guidance and spiritual direction for DV victims
- Understanding faith issues in DV situations
- Understanding the impact of the victim’s concept of God in their healing process
- What is Domestic Violence: Types of Abuse, Cycle of Abuse
- Profile of an Abuser and Signs of Abuse
- Profile of a Victim/Why Does She Stay
- DV Impact on Children
- DV Impact Teens
- Do’s and Don’ts of Counseling
- Signs He’s Changed
- Helper versus Rescuers
FOCUS Ministries will hold its training at the:Pittsburgh Baptist Church
3100 Pioneer Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15226-1741
Friday and Saturday, March 9-10, 2018
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2018
9:00 am—4:30 pm each day
Doors open by 8:30 am
NONREFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE
- Support Group Leader’s Guide: $40.00 *The Support Group Leader’s Guide is not the same as the Training Manual and may be purchased at the seminar or at the time of registration.
- 14 CEUs: $40.00 for Licensed Counselors and Social Workers, LMFT
14 CEUs: $40.00 for Licensed Counselors and Social Workers, LMFT plus $165.00 registration fee. * All fees are nonrefundable.
For more information about Pittsburgh Pastoral Institute, visit www.ppi-online.org.
NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN AT THE DOOR
Each attendee is responsible for making their own hotel reservations.
- For a printable copy of the brochure for more information and to print out copies to give to others, please Download Brochure
NONREFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE
To register by postal mail, please download the registration form:
Mail in registration
Please print the registration form, fill it out and send it with a check or money order to:
FOCUS Ministries, Inc.
57 E. Park Blvd.
Villa Park, IL 60181
Doreen Weiss is a Licensed Professional Counselor. She obtained her Bachelors from Geneva College in Community Ministries her Master in Community Counseling from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Doreen is also the Founder of Enduring Hope: Christ –centered Counseling, a ministry for women who are spiritually emotionally and/or physically at risk.
Doreen uses the Biblical approach, and is certified in, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Doreen has specialized training in, Addiction and Recovery, Genesis Process, and ASIST, for suicide intervention. Doreen has additional training in trauma resolution and post-traumatic stress disorder, and experience in, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, post abortion syndrome, crisis counseling, and victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.