Domestic Violence Workshops
Helping the Helper: Identifying Trauma Related Warning Signs & Taking Action
Online Workshop On Demand
2 CEUs for Licensed Counselors, Social Workers, CDVP
This workshop/course is for lay people, professionals, and church leadership
Vicarious Trauma – Secondary Trauma Stress – Burnout – Compassion Fatigue – What are the differences, and why should it matter to me? Knowing the differences can help you in identifying how to take action towards self-care and stewardship of one of the most important resources in this helping field…YOU. Gain a better understanding of the warning signs and the potential effects that these types of traumas can have on the helper can go a long way towards Trauma Stewardship.
This workshop will help you begin to identify and understand how working with traumatized individuals can have effects that you may not have recognized. As a helper it is vitally important to know yourself and recognize the warning signs. It is also important to have a plan in place to reduce the impact, practice trauma stewardship, and find balance through self-care.
- Compare Differences in Trauma Related Effects
- Identify Trauma Exposure Responses
- Identify and Discuss the Warning Signs
- Explain the Importance of Trauma Stewardship
- Applying Balance – Self-care for the Helper
- Complete Step One and Step Two of the registration. Once payment is received, an email will be sent to the attendee confirming their registration and a link to view the recording.
2 CEUs: $10.00 Nonrefundable
- FOCUS Ministries, Inc. is a licensed continuing education unit (CEU) sponsor for social workers, counselors, and CDVP. 2 CEUs will be offered for an additional $10.00.
NONREFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE: $25.00
Licensed Counselors, Social Workers, CDVP
SANDRA HENDERSON, LCPC, ICST-P, NARM Therapist in Training, is the private practice owner of Hope Joy Peace Counseling and Director of Expressive Sandtray, LLC, in Plainfield Illinois. Sandra received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Governors State University, and Master of Professional Counseling from Olivet Nazarene University.
Sandra is a Registered Integrative Sandtray Therapist (RIST) and is credential through the International Association of Sandtray Therapist as an Internationally Credentialed Sandtray Therapist-Provider (ICST-P), providing trainings to mental health providers.
Sandra holds a 65-hour Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault (DV/SA) certificate. Sandra is experienced in crisis intervention and Trauma Informed Therapies and continues to work with survivors of emotional / relational / developmental traumatic experiences with clients of all ages using an integrative client-centered approach. Sandra has a passion for inspiring, empowering, and equipping others.