Pastors’ Wives Support
Dear Pastor’s Wife:
If your pastor-husband is being extremely controlling or abusive, who can you turn to for help?
Maybe you are thinking that. . .
- You don’t want to be a stumbling block in God’s work.
- You don’t want to destroy your husband’s reputation.
- If he lost his job, you would have no financial security.
- Who would believe you anyway?
- You don’t believe in divorce, and don’t want your children to suffer the effects of a broken family.
- You are terrified you will lose custody of the children if you leave, since he is good with words and could easily convince the court that you are an unfit mother with severe emotional problems.
We understand your dilemma and feel the depths of your pain because we have been in your shoes. We want to help and offer you hope!
There are several ways FOCUS Ministries can be of help to you:
- Download the free brochure “Terror in the Parsonage” to recognize signs of extreme control and abuse, and suggestions for getting help.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or contact us by regular mail at FOCUS Ministries, Inc., P. O. Box 2014, Elmhurst, IL 60126 or phone 630-617-0088 for one-on-one support and counseling.
- We can put you in contact with other pastors’ wives who are going through the same situation.
- We can recommend books and helpful resources. You can order books from Amazon.com directly from our website. (We highly recommend Broken and Battered by Muriel Canfield.)
- We will pray for your specific needs on a regular basis.
Please know that you are important and precious to God. You are beautiful in His eyes, and you can find rest and safety in His love.
You are not alone! We are here for you whenever you are ready to seek help.