1 in 3 women will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime even in the Christian community! Maybe you were one of them or you knew someone who was in an abusive relationship and you saw firsthand the effect. Hope can make a difference in someone’s life. Our volunteers become part of a ministry team that invests in the lives of hurting people. Every task our volunteers choose to do for the ministry is significant.
Our ministry team plays a vital role in providing a safe place where hope and healing in Jesus Christ can occur and lives can be transformed from oppression to freedom. We invite you to be part of this team through our volunteer opportunities. Some volunteer opportunities are as needed and others are an ongoing basis.
- Article Writer for FOCUS Newsletter
- Assist at Events/Trainings
- Assist in TEEN FOCUS program
- Brochure/Flyer Designer
- Copying/Compiling educational material
- Data Entry
- Event Planner
- Grant Writer
- Literature Language Translator
- Produce Constant Contact Emails
- Social Media
- Speakers to promote FOCUS Ministries and our services in the community and churches
Volunteers for Professionals
- Graphic Designer
- Licensed Counselor/Social Worker
Steps to Volunteering:
Step 1: Application
Step 2: Interview
Once the application is received, each volunteer will be contacted and an interview will be set up. The interview will include:
Step 3: Volunteering begins. Welcome to the FOCUS ministry team!
We appreciate and value our volunteers. It is our goal for all volunteers to be
- Able to address issues, problems, and give suggestions
- Guided and directed in their volunteer activities
- Trained where needed
Illinois Business Office:
P. O. Box 2014 | Elmhurst, IL 60126
Mission: To encourage women who are struggling in difficult circumstances to find strength and hope in Jesus Christ.