The following articles are available for downloading – free of charge – from FOCUS Ministries, Inc. You will need the Adobe® Acrobat Reader® program to download the articles. If you do not have this program, you may download it for free at: Adobe® Reader®
What is Domestic Violence:
Verbal & Emotional Abuse:
- Charmers and Con Artists
- Cobras and Pit Bulls
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- How to spot a Batterer Before a Relationship Begins
- Profile of a Fool
- Profile of an Abuser
- Repentance….Change…Reconciliation…? (Signs He’s Changed)
- The Difference Between True Repentance and Temporary Regret
- Wounds of Childhood
- Wrong Ways Nen Are Taught to Treat Women
- Acting Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong
- Are You in an Abusive Relationship?
- Depression Test: Getting Over the Blues
- Developing a Safety Plan
- How to Be Happy in an Unhappy Marriage
- How to Interact With a Destructive Person
- Is Your Emotional Account Overdrawn?
- Profile of a Victim
- Symptoms of PTSD from Domestic Violence
- The Waitress, the Man and the Rose
- Three Ways Women React to Domestic Violence
- To Separate or Not to Separate
- Why Doesn’t She Just Leave?
Teens and Children:
Helping a Victim of Abuse:
- Abuse and the Church’s Responsibility
- A Plea to Pastors
- Death … Bondage: Life … Freedom
- Submission by Design
- The Myth of Church Is Always a Safe Place
- Understanding Biblical Authority, Headship, and Submission
- What Does the Bible Say About Domestic Violence
- What Your church Can Do About Domestic Violence
- What Would Jesus Do?
- Death…Bondage: Life … Freedom
- Fear … Deliverance…Hope
- God Love Pit People
- How Big is God?…How Big is the Mountain?
- Hurray for Cracked Pots
- In the Hands of God
- Is There Any Hope For Me?
- Lord, Are You Still There?
- Obstacles to Trusting God
- Short-sighted Vision or Eternal Perspective
- The High Price of Being Too Nice
- What Color is Your Elephant?
- What Does Your Soul Crave?
- Where’s God?
FOCUS Ministries Inc. would appreciate volunteer translators to translate our articles into various languages. All the volunteer would need to do is send us the translation, after which we will have it verified and then posted. What a ministry that would be for people all over the world. We would especially appreciate having Spanish translations of everything. If you are able to help, please contact us.
Learn about how you can join us with donations, prayer partnership and volunteer opportunities.